Why not leave CF out of the mail picture entirely, as far as mail list is
concerned.   Instead us a list server that provides for an opt-in./ opt-out like
most of the world uses?

With a list server, all you do is send an email to the list, and the server will
distribute it to  the subscribers..  The email server software maintains the
address list.

You will use much less server resources this way.

Doug

We can get rid of spam on your domain! , Anti-spam solutions
http://www.clickdoug.com/mailfilter.cfm