From: Dick Applebaum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 10:57 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: "FREE" BD vs. "$$$$" CF

On Apr 21, 2004, at 5:48 PM, Jim Davis wrote:

> Actually we use CICS on our mainframe. I've just started a project
> where I
>  need to deal with it for the first time.

You might want to look into Mitem at:

http://www.mitem.com

For the record, my daughter has a very minor stock position in Mitem

>  Also, just to round this out, it was IBM Consulting Services that
>  "recommended" WebSphere as the obvious solution for the
> enterprise.  The
>  management hired them to examine our then-current applications
> (written for
>  our part in CF) and determine our future course of action.
>
>  How surprised were we when they settled on WebSphere on AIX?  Not
> very.  ;^)

Well, you go with what you know...

... It's likely different now, but when I recommended IBM products or
services, I knew if they did not perform, I  had complete access to the
responsible parties, their immediate superiors... all the way to the
chairman of the Board.

I t gave me a lot of confidence in my recommendations -- I am not shy!

Dick

  _____