Disregard my post.  Is was the oddest thing causing my problem.

All I had to do is change the null="yes" to null="no" or remove the null
attribute.

<cfprocparam type="In" cfsqltype="CF_SQL_VARCHAR" dbvarname="p_str"
value="#v#" null="yes">

When the attribute null="yes" then you get a very very ambiguous error
message like this:

Message Error Executing Database Query.
Detail [Macromedia][Oracle JDBC Driver]Unsupported data conversion.

That took me about 5 days to figure out.  What a was of time.

Troy

--
Troy Simpson
   Applications Analyst/Programmer, OCPDBA, MCSE, SCSA