You can use FlashVars with Flash Player 6+ like so:

<cfoutput>
<object classid=""> <param ...>
<param ...>
<param name=FlashVars value="id=#URL.id#">
<embed flashVars="id=#URL.id#" ...>
</embed>
</object>
<cfoutput>

You can read a little more about flashVars here:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/flashvars.htm

-Adam