I'm having trouble.  I have a component with a method (addEmail).  In
that method, I receive an email address, check to make sure it's not
already in the database and then add it.  I also want to add
functionality for checking to make sure it's a valid email address.  I'm
using the UDF IsEmail on CFLib.org in some other places so I decided to
drop it into that method as well.  When I do, I get an error saying:

Unable to complete CFML to Java translation.

Error information unsupported statement: class
coldfusion.compiler.ASTfunctionDefinition

Am I not allowed to use UDFs in components?  Or am I doing something
else wrong?  Let me know if you have insight.  Thanks.

John Burns