> > What have you tried??  Ever looked into JavaScript??

> >I am going to be frank and apologize to everyone for this.  I have been
> >watching this list for 2 weeks and the mass of amounts of email being
sent
> >on a daily basis is annoying.  There are some really good subjects in
some
> >of them but reading through them all is difficult to say the least.
Maybe I
> >will just look through the archives if I need anything.  Now, comes my
> >*whining*.

-----8<--- snip --->8-----

Well, my take on it is this ...

It was a legitimate ColdFusion question no matter how inappropriate or
trivial it may have seemd to some.  Your comment about "Ever looked into
JavaScript??" was pointless.  The question was, "Is it possible to do with
ColdFusion?", not "Is it possible?".  Maybe this person is new to ColdFusion
and hasn't quite grasped the idea that it is strictly server-side.  Or,
maybe they do, but were still wondering if it could be detected server-side,
etc.  Maybe they were really asking if anyone has come up with a snazzy new
way to do it.  I understand that we should all mess around with the code and
learn from trying new things and having to figure them out, but if we were
expected to do that with every single thing we ever wanted to do, there
would be absolutely no need for all those handy custom tags floating about.
There also wouldn't be a need for fusebox or any structured, organized
coding style of any sort.  Besides, for the one person who asks a question
on this list, there are probably 50 who are curious but have never bothered
to ask, or are curious now that the question has been posed because they
never even thought about it before.  If someone answers the question, then
everyone who is even remotely curious now knows the answer and can file it
away for future use .. or at least remember if it is indeed possible so they
will have a better idea where to and where not to look in the future if they
need to.  I thought we were all on this list to learn as much about the
aspects related to ColdFusion as we can .. even the things we didn't think
we wanted to know?

As I have learned on this list every day, you can never have enough
information.

Todd