> I've also checked the SQL in the SP's that CF calls, and
> there seems to be nothing wrong there; when I run them in the
> command line they only take a few seconds to run.  However,
> it takes several minutes for the login to process on the web.
>
> I'm at a loss. Anyone got any ideas as to what I could check
> next?

As Jochem suggested, you should check the patch history of the Windows
machine.

You might also try connecting from other clients on other machines, to see
if you can narrow down the cause of the slowdown. You might use ViennaSQL
and the MS SQL Server JDBC driver to test.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496
fax: 202-797-5444