I think I've found a bug in the _javascript_ RegEx implementation in Netscape 6 (for Windows, anyway).  Below is a RegEx pattern for a non-IP email address.  The first alert shows zero, which is a match beginning with the first character, but the second alert shows '-1', indicating no match.  The only difference is using $ for an end-of-line anchor.  This code works correctly in NS4(!), NS7 and IE6.  Any JS gurus out there have any ideas for a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Chris

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="_javascript_">
var s = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';