Tony,
I think what they are trying to tell you is that:

<option value="0"> #get.yournamehere#

needs to have an appearance similar to
get.companyIdNumber[request.nextRecord]
Note that get.column[index] != get.column

so #get.column# is not a simple value - I think you are trying to do
<cfif get.companyIdNumber[i] eq get.companyIdNumber[request.nextRecord]>
<option value="0">#get.yournamehere[request.nextRecord]#</option>
</cfif>

Though that is untested on my part. It could be get.index.column I
forget ... I'd have to run it.

Cheers