> From: brobborb
>
> Now I want to return all the rows in the STUFF table, but to
> replace the last 3 fields with names in the PERSONS table.
> THe fields first_person_id, second_person_id, and
> third_person_id links to the person_id field in the table
> PERSONS.

A good book to have on your desk for stuff like this is "Teach Yourself
SQL in 10 Minutes" by Ben Forta

It covers just about everything you need to know for most SQL statements

You can also use the database tools, such as the Query builder in Access
or the View builder in Enterprise Manager - these will make the joins
for you, and you can examine the SQL to see how it's doing it

As long as you don't mind learning "by example", then you can pick up
the basics really quickly this way