I haven't had the best luck with Crystal and CFMX.  I had a COM object
wrapper that worked decent with CF5, but I could never get it to work
reliably with CFMX.  I've since then resorted to using a simple ASP.net
script that I cfhttp from CFMX passing all the pertinent parameters.
The ASP.net script produces a pdf from a crystal report and passes the
link back to CFMX.

--
Marlon Moyer, Sr. Internet Developer
American Contractors Insurance Group