It would be quite easy to run a regular _expression_ search and replace to
turn all your SSIs into cfincludes using a tool like HomeSite. Would that
help?

  _____

From: Reed Powell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 27 May 2004 12:16 p.m.
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Integrating CF with ASP/SSI code?

Hello everyone, here's the situation:  I've inherited a site that is built
with ASP, using a lot of SSIs for those parts of each page (top nav area,
left nav area, etc) that are common to all pages.  Most of the site is not
dynamic, and the SSIs are just apparently used so that the common code is
kept in one place.  But the dynamic pages are in ASP, with SQL calls from
the hosting service back to our SQL server in the office.  What I want to do
is to replace the ASP code with CF code so that I can build additional
functionality into those pages.  However, the presence of the SSI seems to
get in the way of also using CF, since I don't see how to have a CFM file
interact with the SSI files.  I could (and probably will) over time replace
the SSI files with CFM files that are CFINCLUDEd, but at the moment I need
to get this work started, and am stumped.  Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks!

-reed

  _____