just use a variable to build your pl/sql... and concat it.

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Semrau Steven Ctr SAF/IE [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 3:50 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Help executing PL/SQL

Yes, doing this:

<cfquery name="davidTest" datasource="#mysession.dcname#">
    BEGIN UPDATE SYSTEMINFO SET LOGINPAGEMESSAGE = 'Welcome to here' WHERE DATACALL = 2; END;
</cfquery>

returns:

davidTest (Records=0, Time=94ms)
SQL =
BEGIN UPDATE SYSTEMINFO SET LOGINPAGEMESSAGE = 'Welcome to here' WHERE DATACALL = 2; END;

And doing this:

<cfquery name="davidTest" datasource="#mysession.dcname#">
BEGIN
UPDATE SYSTEMINFO
SET LOGINPAGEMESSAGE = 'Welcome to here'
WHERE DATACALL = 2;
END;
</cfquery>

returns:

Oracle Error Code = 6550

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "" when expecting one of the following: begin case declare exit for goto if loop mod null
pragma raise return select update while with << close current delete fetch lock insert open rollback savepoint set sql execute commit forall merge pipe

SQL = "BEGIN UPDATE SYSTEMINFO SET LOGINPAGEMESSAGE = 'Welcome to here' WHERE DATACALL = 2; END;"

How irritating is that!?  Hehehe - man I'm at wits end trying to figure this out.

It does work if it's all on one line, not set as a variable first? (I can't
test it, as we don't have ODBC datasources set up.)

  _____
  _____