  From: Chunshen (Don) Li
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2004 6:59 PM
  Subject: ugly truth

  One would never expect a production server running with 256 MB RAM but it's
true I just found out from my client.  The thing is it's totally beyond me that
Dell would roll out a machine with this little amount of RAM and label it as a
SERVER and sell to customers even three or fours years ago.

  Now, I can't dig up doucmentation on CF5's system requirement, well, on a 256
MB RAM box somehow CF5 runs, but I would seriously doubt that with this little
amount of memory CF server would be able to handle SESSION locking management
very well (even session vars are properly locked),  with extremely
query-extensive or heavy-duty queries, and say, with 5 or 10 concurrent users
hit same page/request.  What's your thought?
  Certainly I'm pushing my client to throw in more RAMs on the box.

  TIA.

  Don Li