Don,

If they're PowerApp web 100 servers then I can believe it as I used to have
four of those in a load balanced array running IIS5/CF5 on 256Mb RAM. Not
one of the applications used the session scope at all though. We turned it
off and opted for the client scope so we could have roaming sessions rather
than having to have sticky sessions. When we expanded the site from 1 old
DELL 2400 to the 4 PowerApps and 2 2450's, we re-coded the site to use
client vars exclusively. It took 4 weeks, was a real pain but paid for
itself in improved stability and performance within days of going live.

Those 6 servers I believe are still in service (I left that company in
January) and are serving circa 3-5 million pages a month. All of the grunt
of the application is in the clustered SQL Server DB running on the 2450's
with a shared external RAID array in an active/passive setup.

I don't see any reason why those servers won't carry on running till they
finally fail as the way they are configured, there is no (not one single
bit) of critical software or CF source on them so they can be taken of line,
rebooted or replaced at anytime day or night with no effect on the rest of
the system.

If you do have PowerApp web 100 application servers then you may have
trouble locating memory. Crucial dont stock it any more, DELL tell you to
replace the servers.... we had a nightmare of a time trying to upgrade them.
In the end we decided to do something different and augmented the system
with two new DELL 2650s (one as an application server and one as a file
server) taking some of the strain off of the original web-servers. Both the
2450's and the 2650's have 2Gb of RAM.

Paul