That's a valid reason to consider...

I will be thinking about the best route to go then.  Thank you -
  Frank

________________________________

From: John Dowdell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 7:30 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: calling on Flash to create a file

At 3:22 PM 5/28/4, Frank Dewey wrote:
>I am using Flash (although I should be going home!) to talk to
>ColdFusion that connects to a database. All works well as far as
updates
>and inserts, ...). However I would like for my application to also be
>able to create a file.

Think about where the thing actually lives. If you've got in-browser
SWF,
then you're asking a plugin to write to (presumably) a known location on
the hard drive, which is a safety risk. If you're running in a
standalone
then you've got to ask what your standalone shell can do... if it's in
the
Central shell you've got a different situation... you might even be
trying
to run a SWF on a server, can't be sure.

Generally, for "Does [some form] of SWF play write to disk?" the answer
would be "no". You may be able to achieve your goal, though, depending
on
exactly what it is.

jd