Just like with any other DBMS, you'll have to create a database through the
database's native interface, not via CF.  With MySQL, that's the `mysql`
command line tool.  Call it like this:

Mysql -u <username> -p [ -h <hostname> ]

The -p will make it prompt for your password, and the -h will allow you to
connect to a remote host, if needed.  The default host is localhost.

I suppose you could probably connect from CF via a JDBC connect string, but
I've never done that.

Cheers,
barneyb