> <cfinput type="Text" name="holiday" required="Yes" value="#holiday#">
> <cfinput type="Text" name="holiday_date" value="#holiday_date#">
>
> It does the oddest thing. THe action page returns an error
> message. Form entries incomplete or invalid and returns the
> date. I went back and commented out the finput for the date
> and it works fine.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction to find out why
> this error message is being returned?

When you name a form field with "_date", CF uses that field as a validation
rule. There are seven built-in validation rules in CF. So, if you have a
form field called "my_date", CF will look for a field called "my" with a
valid date value.

This isn't new to CFMX, either - it's been around since CF 3 or earlier, I
think.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496