Robert,

There are literally hundreds of ways to include credit card processing on
your site.  I am currently using Cybercash (www.cybercash.com), which was a
pain to set up.  After I got the account set up with Cybercash, the
ColdFusion part was easy.  The CFX_CYBERCASH tag (available in the tag
gallery) was simple to implement into my site.

You're first step is to have a merchant account set up with your bank.  This
will allow you to accept credit cards and the transactions will be deposited
to your account.

If your bank does not provide a gateway for online processing from your
site, your're next step is to find a "gateway".  Someone, like Cybercash,
that supports your particular bank.  Places like this usually don't process
credit card transactions, they just provide a gateway to your bank across a
secured internet connection.

The biggest problem I ran into when using Cybercash, was that my bank had no
idea how to go about sending the necessary information to my processor
(Visanet), who in return, was supposed to send their info to Cybercash.

Like I said before, there are a lot of ways to do this and you can probably
integrate CF into most of them.  Do a search in the allaire forums for
"credit card" and "cybercash" in the Getting Started scope.  You'll find a
lot of info.

Hope this helps,

Brad