Mike, if using CF use the <CFINPUT and use validate"numeric" or at least
"integer".

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 7 June 2004 10:25 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: QofQ problem -closing in on the problem..

Ok I've narrowed the problem down a little.   The error is generated by
having non-numeric information in the 'postcode' field.  (It's a varchar
field in the database so there's no problem with that I think).  I don't
think we need to have the postcode restricted to numeric data at source -
what if someone wants to put 'N/A' in the postcode field?

Anyway, there are several queries on different tables and datasources, and
the resulting queries are merged into one temporary query to be processed
with a QofQ.  The query is created with the following:

[quote]

<cfset thislist = Querynew("email, firstname, lastname, StreetAddress,
Suburb, Postcode, source, newsletter, emailsent")>

[/quote]

Why would this query hiccup if non-numeric info is put into the 'postcode'
field in the query?  I thought ColdFusion was typeless?   I would have
thought a queryofquery wouldn't care if there was numeric  data in the
'postcode' field or not.    Am I wrong on that?    And what do I do about
it?

Cheers

Mike Kear

  _____