----- Original Message -----
From: "Marlon Moyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 10:27 AM
Subject: RE: I don't even know what I need to be able to do this...[fdf/cf]

> Jeff,
>
> FDF files are just simple text files that are very easy to create with CF.
>
> Here's an example:
> [snip example]
>
> Just keep repeating the /T command which is the text box name in the pdf
form and the /V command which is the value you want inserted.

> The /F command needs to point to the parent pdf file.  I believe that
Acrobat (not reader) will actually make the fdf file for you and then you'd
just need to edit the file.  On caveat, don't edit the file with notepad.
Notepad doesn't correctly render the CR after the first line "%FDF-1.2".

> I serve these on the fly using the cfcontent tag and so far, this has been
a painless endeavor.

Okay, so lemme get this straight.

I could have the PDF data submitted to a CF page that could process it and
enter it into a database table. Then, a CFQUERY tag could generate output
that could be saved as an FDF, then point it to a "Parent" PDF File? How
does the end user (the client) "see" the PDF File? Does she click on a CF
link that does all the work? So she clicks on "CreatePDF.cfm" or whatever,
and the result, is that a populated PDF form opens in her browser window?
And if she has Acrobat Pro, she can just "save" it?

Am I understanding it all?