Rich Ziade wrote:

> I have a wddx that I'm trying to turn back into a CFML structure. The wddx
> looks fine. It CFDUMP's nicely as well. But whenever I try to turn it back
> to CFML, I get:
>

> WDDX packet parse error at line 1, column 1. The markup in the document
> preceding the root element must be well-formed.

My coworker had this exact problem today.  It was driving him crazy
because the error was only occurring in IE.  He said that it ended up
being that when IE rendered the wddx packet, it converted the character
' to ' and it was messing it up.   Don't know if this is true, but
what he has told me.

If this isn't the case, I can check with him again.

jw