an alternative idea would be to have an image at the bottom of the
first page, that tracks users... I have used this for some sites using
PHP (can be done with CF) just by linking to a CF script that logs the
requests... not sure how many people "stop" loading a page and how
fast this is because of the nature of the web

Not sure if very clear but the basic of this is
1) have an image at the bottom of your homepage
2) that image is linked to a scrip that logs requests
3) if they stop loading the page halfway through, the image wont be
loaded (right?)

Hope this helps

MD