While we are on the subject I have noticed recently that more and ore people
are joining tables using the...

FROM table1 x JOIN table2 y ON x.ID = y.ID

And I am wondering if there is a reason for this.  Sure I use this syntax
for my outer joins but inner joins I still do the old fashioned way in the
where clause, for example

FROM  table1 x, table2 y
WHERE x.ID = y.ID

This has the added benefit of taking the place of the 'WHERE 0=0' line we
recently discussed.  What are the benefits of one form of inner join over
the other or is it just today's SQL fashion trend?

Secondly I notice more and more use of the cfqueryparam tag, what is wrong
with simply using

WHERE x.ID  = #form.id#
  AND y.var = '#url.string#'

type formatting?  I have been doing this for about 5 years now and have
NEVER found a need for the cfqueryparam tag, I just find it makes the code
harder to read.

Comments anyone?

--
Jay