From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 7:02 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: cfmx and CAPTCHA

> > Couldn't a spider just as easily pick up a session var?
>
> Now this is where I'm not 100% sure. I have been doing some research
> and as far as I can tell it can not. I'm open to be proven wrong.

A spider is nothing more than another HTTP client. It can do anything
that any HTTP client can do, and it can't do things that HTTP doesn't
allow. So, to answer a question like this, all you have to do is ask
"can I do that with a browser". If yes, then it can be done with a
spider, and if no, it can't.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496