From: Frank Dewey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 6:20 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: advanced search

Thanks guys for helping me with this.  I looked more in Verity.  Verity
only looks at static pages.  Since my page is generated dynamically by
the database at runtime, this option will not work.  I'm still kinda new
to CF and so didn't know about CFQUERYPARAM...but I do now :-)

I am using Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager.  After the user enters
there string, then I am going to parse it for  " (Double quotes - of
course there must be two),  - (minus sign - for NOT), and  + (addition
sign - for AND).  By default, the words will be separated by spaces and
an OR operation will be applied to them.

Then I am thinking about using some combination of LIKEs, Full Text
Indexing, and/or cfqueryparam.  Of course I want the application to run
fast so I might nix the LIKE '%#word#%'.

Thanx again for the help -
  Frank