Make sure that your mail admin has enabled relaying for your CF server.  Otherwise, it will only allow local addresses.  What mail server are you using?

Cheers,

Jeff Garza
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Christy Carter
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 9:37 AM
  Subject: cfmail only works internally

  I use cfloop and cfmail to send a mass auto-email to all the users in my database. Or I try to anyway! :)

  It goes through to all users on our local email server - i.e. anyone with the same email extension (for example [EMAIL PROTECTED]).  But nobody else seems to get it - nobody with a yahoo or hotmail account, and nobody with a different ISP account...and I have no idea why.

  Here's my code...any ideas?

  Thanks,
  Christy

  <cfloop query="getlist" >
  <cfmail from="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" type="HTML" server="#application.mailserver#" to="#email#" subject="#form.subject#">

  Dear #getlist.Username#,<br><br>

  Sincerely,
  "The Company"

  </cfmail>