thanks jochem, will do, and actually, have my network admin do it ;)

thanks again!

tw

-----Original Message-----
From: Jochem van Dieten [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 12:27 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: cfmx service question

Tony Weeg wrote:
> need to write a csv file to a network shared drive.
>
> getting access denied due to cfmx service running under local system
account

What I would do is:
- create a normal user account on the domain
- restrict that account to logging in on the webserver and the
target server
- add that account to a services group on the webserver which has
the "start as a service" priviledge set
- grant that account the appropriate permissions on the webserver
(there is a knowledge base article on the Macromedia website for
that, and search the archives of this list because you can
restrict permissions a bit further then the article indicates)
- grant that account permissions on the target drive
- switch CF to run under that account

Jochem