I think it really makes for some inefficient code.  The postback
aspect of it seems only suitable for intranets.  I see the reasoning
for the abstraction, but I feel that the way they've gone about it,
making the vb programmers feel at home, results in some really kludgy
ways of doing things.

The VB guy where I work is trying to transition to web work.  He's
having a hard time figuring out when code runs on the server and when
it runs on the client side.  He's also having a hard time getting out
of the client/server frame of mind.

He made a security module today where he stored the username and
password in 2 global variables.  You should have seen his face when I
"logged into" his application as him without ever supplying
credentials.

This is the danger of abstracting too much.

Marlon