Yeah, FarCry was born from the smouldering ruins of ideas gone by...i.e.
Spectra...(for those that can access memories that far back it was an
overweight application Framework)....one diff is that FarCry is far
superior!

It does allow for custom application, even more so that some other limited
CMS tools out there...it has excellent database and logic abstraction layers
which you can leverage with custom code or you can just use it out of the
box....

One major bonus is its free and when you see the amount of work put into
this tool you will be thankful..these guys have put a heck of a lock of work
on it - its has an active community (something which Spectra never really
had) and updates and technotes are aplenty.

It has a pretty steep learning curve for those who want to get under the
hood IMO. It was designed to be updated easily without any impact on your
existing apps - so if a new version comes out its unzip to new DIR and boom
your ready to go...

Like Mark states, it does create tables per 'type' but its not big deal and
works very very well...

If you know or have worked on Spectra it will be a doddle for you : i.e. if
you are familiar with Object Based Development through types, properties and
objects.

If you want to work on it, head over to farcry.daemon.com.au and download
it...... you can also sign up to the mailing list....

   _____