From: J M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:15:30 -0400
Subject: OT: Advice on Max number of files in a dir.
To: CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all,
I am using CFCONTENT to retrieve photos stored off of the root
directory. I didn't think the site would grow so fast, and I have been
allowing users to upload all of the images to one folder. I am now at
about 6000 images and am woried about performance issues both with
CFCONTENT and Win2k.

What is the maximum number of files allowable in a Win2k directory? 10,000?

Any info appreciated.