> Okay, I am a big fan of CF but every now and then I hear about how cold
> fusion doesn't work well with high volume sites... I'm not sure if this is
> just a rumour. Does anyone have any documents about this, or is it just a
> rumour?
>
> I'm under the belief that it doesnt matter wether you have asp,
> java, cf as
> your main code, and it has more to do with how well your server can handle
> the multiple file/database requests.

Just from personal experience, badly written code scales badly, really tight
code scales well

Put that onto a decent server structure and you'll get decent scalability

If you insist on running CF4.0.1 on a Pentium I 120 with 64Mb RAM on NT
Server 4 SP4 and have SQL Server on the same machine, then it will chug to
hell and back... <g>
Any decent setup will have the data on a separate server, running a real
database solution (not SQL Server or Oracle, or at a push mySQL), each
server having enough memory (256Mb+ and 512Mb+ on the database server), with
a decent network connection...

We have 4 CF machines all talking to one SQL Server and even with fair
traffic (all sites totalling to around 30k+ hits per day per server) they
fly

Philip Arnold
ASP Multimedia Limited
T: +44 (0)20 8680 1133