> Server is Windows Server 2003 and am running CF MX 6.1 and
> SQL. I just installed everything on the new box and received
> some help yesterday on this list and am hoping that someone
> can help with the following error I'm now receiving:
>
> Error Executing Database Query.
> [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket.
> Connection refused: connect
>
> I'm not sure just what needs to be installed.

You probably don't need to install anything, you just need to configure your
SQL Server to allow connections to some TCP port of your choice. You might
want to look at the "Server Network Utility" within your "Microsoft SQL
Server" group on the machine running SQL Server, and make sure that you've
enabled TCP/IP, and while you're in there, see what port it's using. The
default port is 1433.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496