While testing my first application using cflogin, I was able to do this sort of thing.

Sequence 1.
Log in with correct username and password.
Log out with cflogout.
Change password in database (not using a CF Application)
Log in with old password.
Log out with cflogout.
Delete user record in database
Log in with old username & password.

I read the archives in HouseofFusion and learned that:
a.  cflogin info is cached.
b.  the cflogin tag uses the cached info if it finds any, uses it and bypasses the cfloginuser tag.

Does anyone know where this information is cached?  More importantly, does anyone know how to maintain this cache so that it only contains current information.