hello all,

I am sending a file from flash to CF.  The variables are getting
there...so that is no problem.  However, once they get there, then I am
not sure how to put them into action.  For example, I am sending many x
and y values, and some IDs.  So a basic query for sending flash
variables to CF looks like this:

assume I am sending these values from Flash to CF -
xValue;
yValue;
myID;

CFpage -
<cfquery ...>
UPDATE    tableName
SET           x = #form.xValue#,
                 y =  #form.yValue#
WHERE    ID = #form.myID#
</cfquery>

The problem is that I am sending several values and I don't know how
many until run-time.  I also have to create the variables and there
values at run-time...so this is what I have:

assume I am sending these values from Flash to CF -
x1 = 10;
y1 = 50;
myID1 = 1045;
x2 = 10;
y2 = 50;
myID = 2;

CFpage -
<cfloop from="1" to="#form.numberOfValues#" index="i">
    <cfset thisX = form.x#i#>
    <cfset thisY = form.y#i#>
    <cfset thisID = form.myID#i#>
    <cfquery ...>
        UPDATE    tableName
        SET           x = #thisX#,
                         y =  #thisY#
        WHERE    ID = #thisID#
    </cfquery>
</cfloop>

So I am asking how to create a dynamic variable...involving
concatenation?   Any help with this problem is greatly appreciated -
  Frank