From: Stavros Tekes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 05 July 2004 13:16
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Build JAVA request and response scopes in CF

Hi all,   I am building an application in CF that uses a Java API (I do
not have the source for the API)  The problem I am facing, is that I
can't call some of the API functions which use the request and response
scope as parameteres ( for example a function existing in a SERVLET
which is declared as : protected void FunctionName(HttpServletRequest
request, HttpServletResponse response) ).   This is done cause there is
not something (to my knowledge of course) in CF that can represent the
request and response scope the way Java does and for that, the function
is not recognized and called properly. I tried to use Javacast() but I
didnt know how to build the CFRequest and CFResponse variables   Is
there any solution to this problem? Maybe someone has faced the same
problem in the past and built a wrapper function that takes the URL and
SESSION scope of CF and form it the way JAVA builds its request scope.
Any help will be significant to me as I seem to be running out of
ideas.... SCARY!Cheers!Stavros