George Abraham wrote:
> Hi all,
> I know people are going to hate the repeat of this question. However a
> search of the lists did not get me any results. Are there any good
> open-source cf-based forum apps out there? Else I have to use phpBB
> which, other than the fact that it runs on PHP, is pretty nice.

George,

There is one called "cfbb" which is sort of open source, in that it's
free and you get the source code.  But it's not licensed in a typical
open source manner.  You can't redistribute it, and it's only free for
non-commercial use, etc...

I'm working on a project that *WILL* be open source called cfmbb, and I
will soon be documenting my progress at

http://www.cfmbb.org

I'd like to incorporate many of the features of phpBB but obviously,
phpBB is a very mature product, and we're going to have to start somewhere..

My main goals for CFMBB are:

1.  OPEN SOURCE, FREE, GPL or some similar license.
2.  Customizable via CSS and templating.
3.  Localization:  All "strings" will come from a properties file.
     I'm using Paul Hastings resource bundle CFC for this.

Anyone interested in participating in this project, please contact me.

  - Rick