Christopher Farino wrote:

> I need to create a connection between ColdFusion and an LDAP server.  Our Unix administrator has set up Linux to authenticate with the LDAP server and wants ColdFusion to authenticate with the LDAP server through the OS and not directly from the LDAP server.  Does that make any sense?

The question makes sense. I'm not so sure about the position of
your Unix admin :-)

If you just need to authenticate users, it might be easier to tie
your Apache directly into PAM using the auth-pam module. That is
pretty much the equivalent of the way WIndows Authentication
works with domain accounts and IIS.
If you need to retrieve details like the groupname from the user,
you will have to write something to interface directly with PAM.
Have you checked the Developers Exchange?

Jochem