>What you're testing is whether there's a 'foo' field in some
>'test' scope
>somewhere.

Correct

structKeyExists is using scope escalation to find
>"test" in the
>form scope (after checking variables, and maybe URL).

Also correct

This is as you'd
>expect, because you're dereferencing a variable (test), and
>that behaves
>exactly as if you'd dereferenced it in any other context.

Still correct

If
>you want to
>test for the 'foo' field in the 'form.test' scope, you have to do
>structKeyExists(form.test, 'foo'), or if you were really
>looking for the
>variables scope, then structKeyExists(variables.test, 'foo').

Agreed.

Now please explain what it is that isDefined() does differently to
structKeyExists() with regard to looking in implicit scopes.

Your earlier post implied that it was behaving differently. The point of my
code was to show that it doesn't.

Spike