From: Steve Bernard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2000 12:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Novell Authentication

I last tried this during the beta of CF 4.5. You can use CF's native SLDAP
client functionality to authenticate via an NDS 5 tree. The only thing I ran
into was that there isn't a login function per se. I used LDAP to query the
tree for specific fields, passing the UID and password along as part of the
query. If the username AND/OR password fail a generic "error occurred"
message was returned. To be somewhat reliable I wrote a parsing routine that
checked returned messages for strings indicating that there was an error. I
didn't have the time to really test out this functionality but, it holds
promise.

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but, Rick's NWAuth holds
possibilities and I'm dying to check it out.

Regards,

Steve