I know, ColdFusion never was accurate with timings, not even the beta's,
but... in this case timings are returned with a similar pattern in
delays which makes me think "hey something is holding it". I have also
tried some other options ( I know I must be glad with that occasionally
16ms delay ... but still it must be possible to get it better ..:P ),
and switch the datasource from a ODBC connection to a OLEDB connection.
The OLEDB connection seems to act slower than the ODBC.

I have the latest drivers, and the latest mdac. For people just tuning
in, the server used is CF5 Ent. Management is to shitty to step to
CFMX6.1 so I will try the same app on a CFMX6.1 box later to see the
differences. I expect the CFMX6.1 box to be slower in DB access because
of the java translation layers

NOTE: One reason also, why most people do not like to use cfstoredproc
is the lack of caching options. The only reason why I would use
cfstoredproc, is to handle multiple returned datasets.
Micha Schopman
Software Engineer
Modern Media, Databankweg 12 M, 3821 AL  Amersfoort
Tel 033-4535377, Fax 033-4535388
KvK Amersfoort 39081679, Rabo 39.48.05.380