From: S. Isaac Dealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:06:32 -0400
Subject: Re: Free Stuff: Tree, Tab, Accordian Pane Custom Tags
To: CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi All,

> I've been developing a series of custom tags

> ("jComponents") that

> provide tab navigation, trees, and accordian panes (plus a

> utility

> "box" that shows/hides content).

> Components

Hey Joe -- sorry if it seems like I was trying to steal your

limelight, I wasn't... quick question - I was looking at the output

and it looks like you're using createuuid() to generate the id's for

the various widget elements. Is that correct? If so, you might want to

think about trying to use something else because CreateUUID() can

cause Windows system clocks to accelerate due to an underlying bug in

the JVM.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/ts/documents/createuuid_c

lock_speed.htm

Fairly annoying -- I had to deal with the same issue at one point and

created a couple of alternative functions to deal with it.

Anyway, I thought you'd like to know.

s. isaac dealey   954.927.5117

new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with