----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Watts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 1:23 PM
Subject: RE: CFFile upload problem

> > <input type="file" name="premphoto" size=50 maxlength=100> ...
>
> Are MAXLENGTH and SIZE valid attributes for a file upload field?

I've removed both, with the same results.

What I'm finding is that the form field contains a temp file name

<cfif Len(form.premphoto)>
  <cfoutput>#form.premphoto#</coufput>
  <cffile ...>
</cfif>

C:\WINNT\TEMP\ACFA4A2.tmp

That file is nowhere to be found on the server, so I assume either CF or
IIS is cleaning up after it generates the page sent back to the browser.

Is that the expected behavior, to end up with a local file name after the
form submisssion, or is it behaving like this because of the error?