Hi,
One of our older application runs with a MS SQL 6.5 database behind it.
Every now and then, when the app tries to do an insert on a table, we
get a primary key violation. The key field is an identity field. When I
remove the primary key constrant, I can do a few "dummy" inserts and the
identity counter "catches up" but I'm not sure how it falls behind in
the first place. When I reenable the primary key constrant, everything
is fine until it randomly happens again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt Fusfield