From: Daniel Kessler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 1:44 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: DB field setup

I had a dropdown that had three entries: kinesiology, family studies,
public and community health.  So in my Oracle DB, I had a field TYPE
VARCHAR2(100) to take that information, as is.  Now I find that someone
can be in more than one spot, so instead of a dropdown, I now have a
checkbox for each entry.  Is the standard way to deal with this to have
three database fields like:

isFamilyStudies INT,
isKinseology INT,
isPublicAndCommunityHealth INT,

It seems kinda inflexible that I would have to add a row each time I
added to that list, but if that's how it's done then ok.
--
Daniel Kessler

Department of Public and Community Health University of Maryland Suite
2387 Valley Drive College Park, MD  20742-2611
301-405-2545 Phone
www.phi.umd.edu