>I'm looking for information related to best-practices or tips and
>tricks.  I'm sure there are things that MACR hasn't covered in their
>documentation.

I run Enterprise on my servers. I don't have anything setup in the J2EE config today (where you can run multiple instances) but I plan to setup a new set of servers coming in soon under that config. I also like the archive and deploy features. I'm not sure if that's an enterprise-only feature, but it is great for deploying the same application to multiple servers. It allows you to copy everything- server settings, dsn's, application folders.

I would also look at deploying against Websphere or another J2EE package if you go the Enterprise route. JRun is fine, but as you scale you may want something more robust. I haven't gone that route yet, but it is under consideration. My company has a very strong relationship with IBM so we would probably go with Websphere (which is supposed to be the fastest, most robust J2EE server for CF Enterprise anyway). Licensing costs are obviously a consideration, but the truth is the license costs are a small part of the overall investment in enterprise Web apps.