So what's wrong with just putting the js inside your first cfcase
statement to open the new window?

<cfcase value="action1">

  <script type="text/_javascript_">

    window.open("http://www.yahoo.com");

  </script>

</cfcase>

  _____

> "More than one web developer has been reduced to tears trying to get
popups
> to work correctly.

I don't have a problem getting a popup to work from an "onLoad" in the
body or attached to an image or a link. What's giving me a fit is this
is inside a cfswitch statement like:

<cfcase value="action1">
   Open a new window so the user can preview what he just did
</cfcase>
<cfcase value="action2">
   update the database and use a cflocatioin to go back to the menu
</cfcase>
<cfcase value="action3">
   We're done, just use a cflocation here to go somewhere else
</cfcase>

Action 2 and 3 are working like a champ. Action one need to open a new
window so the user can preview a bunch of changes he is getting ready to

submit on a format administration page...

--
Les Mizzell