Using CFFORM and its tags, you can make certain fields in the form "required".
The "required" option works best for <CFINPUT>, it doesn't work well for
<CFSELECT>

Mary

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          LH Rothman   |
|        |          <laurahr@home|
|        |          .com>        |
|        |                       |
|        |          08/21/2000   |
|        |          12:30 PM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          cf-talk      |
|        |                       |
  |       To:     CF Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                          |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Mary Baotic)                                           |
  |       Subject:     Minimum Search Criteria                                 |

I've got a search interface w/ multiple criteria and it works great.
However, if the user selects NO options, all records in the database
appear.  How do I force the user into selecting a MINIMUM of 1 search
criteria or else an error message of some type appears?

Thank you!
-Laura (Newbie)