David,

Assuming this is Oracle, if you're using the Macromedia drivers with a
stored procedure that has an output parameter type of varchar2, then even
though the varchar2 datatype can hold up to 32k the Macromedia Oracle driver
will only return the first 4k.  If you use the Oracle Thin Client instead,
then you can retrieve all 32k.

I just discovered a related bug this week where if the out parameter of a
stored procedure is clob, and you use the Macromedia Oracle driver, then if
the CF_SQL_TYPE for the out is set to clob you will get an array of
characters rather than a contiguous string.  Leaving the SP out parameter as
clob but changing the CF_SQL_TYPE to varchar resolved the problem as the
clob was returned as a string.

My testing for these issues was done with CFMX 6.1, Macromedia driver
version 3.3, Oracle 8.1.7.

Hopefully, some of this may help.

Steven Erat

  _____