I have a page that lists all the variables from all the scopes. In CF5, I
had variable existence conditions, so that I would not output the cfcatch
scope unless it was both defined and a structure. However, this block of
code did not work under CFMX 6.1, so I poked around to find out why.

From what I have determined, below are the variable scopes in CFMX 6.1 (I
did not analyze var or dynamically named variables, like cfquery results).

Session, Application, Server, Client, Cookie, Request, Variables, Form,
URL, CGI, Attributes, cffile.

Below are what look like variable scopes, but are actually embedded inside
of the "variables" scope.
Error, cferror, cfhttp, cfstoredproc, cfftp, caller, cfcatch

It is interesting that cffile is not inside of the variables scope like the
other tag variables. Every variable mentioned above is a structure, with
the exception of cfcatch. When I dump cfcatch, it says "[unknown type],"
which means it failed all the isXYZ functions. The way around this problem
is just to output the specific cfcatch variables, but it is interesting
that there is this mystery variable type.

If anyone wants to contribute your own observations, feel free.
Does anyone know how CF5 is different in regards to the above observations?

Enjoy,
Mike Chabot